Thursday, November 15, 2012

Payment Account Hassles and Info

Since Fast Cash Mega doesn't use pay accounts like PayPal, I had to sign up for another account. I decided to try Solid Trust Pay. I chose to verify my account with a scan of my driver's license, but I started and cancelled the process, then did it again. There is a charge of $1.15 per attempt, so I now have a balance of $2.30. This means that when the money from my card gets deposited, I will have less than $30. So I'm not sure what to do about that. If I can buy into the profit units with any amount (ie, $18), then I will just do that.

Otherwise I may buy only 1 $10 unit and wait until I can get around to verifying my checking account to add more cash to STP (kind of difficult, since I don't have any checks--I never use them, and can instantly transfer funds to another checking at the same institution that does have checks, so I don't need to spend money on checks from two different accounts. So I need to come up with another way to verify it. Too bad they don't verify like PayPal does--by a small deposit or withdrawl that you would get from your statement and enter into the system. If they did, that would be much simpler, even if it cost me a few cents.

So I'll wait until the money gets there. I guess I can afford to lose the $1.15. It happened because the lighting was not adequate to scan my ID with the webcam (even though I had a light right above me--not sure what the deal was there), so I had to go scan it on the scanner. I should have not cancelled the process--they warned me it would cost per attempt--so I'm not blaming anyone. Just wanted to make you aware of that.

I should also mention that I had to make 3 attempts to get money into my account. First credit card was declined. Second was also declined, but I got an email from my credit card company telling me there may have been fraudulent activity, so I called the number, verified that the charge was indeed known to me, and then retried it and it went through. Capital One is good that way. I'm glad it's in my wallet. (Have you heard the commercials too?)

And while I'm here, I thought I would indicate the withdrawl costs for the different programs. Solid Trust Pay charges $2.30 to withdraw to a bank, $5 to withdraw to a credit or debit card, and $4 to send a check. That's not too bad. There is some cost to add money from a credit card (they inform you of the cost before you add it). It costs $20 to add funds from a checking account, so I don't think I will ever do that!

Then there is Payza. According to their Fees Page, it costs $15 to get money deposited to your bank account. That's pretty steep. But you can have it deposited to a prepaid Visa for $1. That's pretty good, except that prepaid Visas aren't accepted everywhere. They are accepted most places, though. You can get a check for free, which is even better. I think I just might open an account with them. It is also free to add money from a bank account, and they only charge 3.5% (about what it costs them) to get money from a credit card. You can also add money by check or money order for free. I like that. I think I should have researched better and opened a Payza account. But then again, FCM has a warning that says,"PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU BUY PAYZA FUNDS BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY FRAUDULENT EXCHANGERS!!!" so then again, maybe not.

The other option is Liberty Reserve. This one just seemed too complicated. For instance, you can't just add a bank account; you have to send the money some other way, such as through Moneygram or Western Union. I didn't like that idea at all. And indeed, FCM says that many hackers use LR, because all payments are final and irreversible, so I'm not sure I would ever use it.

So that's where I'm at. I'll post again when I upgrade.

Lisa Reynoso
mrs [dot] reynoso [at] gmail.com
503-919-2145

No comments:

Post a Comment